When you talk to a coffee-making expert every single one of them will tell you that brewing a coffee is one thing but getting the authentic flavors and the aroma out from the coffee beans is where the real challenge start. To be honest, even the most expensive beans won’t provide exceptional characteristics if they are not adequately grounded.
A great grinder will change your coffee experience like never before. And once you start making your coffee with the freshly ground coffee beans, there’s no turning back. That’s for sure. With the help of a coffee grinder, you not only get the freshest coffee that you ever taste but you get the power to control the strength and the flavors of your coffee.
It doesn’t matter if you are a newcomer in home brewing or someone making coffee at home since the last decade. We ensure that a great coffee bean grinder will elevate your experience of drinking a cup of coffee to the next level.
Why Should You Own a Coffee Grinder?
Let’s be clear here who wants a stale coffee, right? You might not know or realize, but if you are buying a packed pre-ground coffee, you are purchasing a stale coffee. Yup, it’s a hard truth, but this happens quite a lot, and in some cases, we too have gone to the supermarket to buy a pre-ground coffee.
The stale coffee ground lacks the flavor as during the grinding process flavors come out from the beans, and after a while when the ground is sitting ideally the flavor gets mixed with air, and thus, the coffee ground loses them.
If you think coffee has only three flavors, then you are in for a surprise. Freshly ground coffee holds some wild flavors which you won’t get in any pre-ground coffee. When you freshly grind your coffee beans, you can get a wide variety of coffee flavors such as blueberries, cinnamon, brown sugar, apples, etc.
When you grind your coffee beans, you can choose how you want your ground to be. Whether you want it to be fine or coarse, that depends on your choice. Also, you can use the single coffee beans to brew coffee in different ways. You can use coarse coffee ground for the french press while you can make excellent ground for pour-over and drip coffee machines.
With the coffee, ground fineness is in your control, and you can try different types of coffee, ranging from an espresso shot to cold brew depending on your taste.
OXO Brew Conical Burr Grinder
Now we know the importance of grinder lets talk about the grinder, which will give you perfectly fine coffee grounds. The Oxo brew conical burr grinder is one of the most sold burr grinders available on amazon at affordable prices. For the home use, this oxo burr grinder is just perfect as it packs several features that will make the grinding process easy and less time-consuming.
The Oxo grinder smashes the coffee beans into fine grounds with precision in comparison to other coffee grinders at the same price point.
Looks matter and when manufacturing these grinders, Oxo does take care of the machine aesthetics. The machine cuts a premium profile, once you can only get when you pay a lot more. You first put your coffee beans in the hopper and close the lid. After that, hopper transfers the coffee beans to the grinder mechanism, where beans go under the process of grinding by two burr grinders sitting close to each other.
Once the grinding process is complete, the ground gets transfer to a stainless steel receptacle. Moreover, Oxo coffee grinder comes with a reduce static mechanism when grinding is taking place. The hopper is removable so you can take it out and change the beans easily which many other grinders such as Baratza still don’t allow its owners to do.
- First, it has a 40 mm stainless steel burr grinder to give you uniform coffee ground with every single use.
- Secondly, you can choose from 15 different grinds setting, including Mirco settings whichever suits your requirement and taste buds.
- It keeps your last grind settings in the system, so you don’t have to manually put the setting every time you start the grinding process.
- In addition to this, the hopper is transparent and can hold up to 0.75 pounds of coffee beans in a single service.
- Coffee grinder weighs 4.5 pounds which is not that heavy when comparing it to other coffee grinders in the same segment.
- Furthermore, the burr grinders move at 400 RPM. Thus, the grinding process is smooth and doesn’t make a lot of noise.
- Product dimensions are 7.4 x 5.2 x 11.8 inches
- The power plug of the machine is grounded along with a metal ground bin to dissipate any kind of static charge.
- Cleaning the machine is easy as you don’t need to fully de-construct the burr grinder.
- Both the hopper and the grinder are removable and can be put back into their respective places with a simple turn.
- The grinder can give you coffee grounds for 12 cups of coffee which can be easily stored in the ground container of the machine.
- Lastly, at this price range, Oxo is inevitably competing against other grinders for the top spot. it is easily the best burr grinder in lower segments.
With every good thing, there are some bad things also, but in the case of Oxo burr grinder, we came across only a few of them which we are going to mention below.
First, we need to shed some light on the ground container which doesn’t lock itself up in its place and does vibrate a little bit during the grinding.
Another problem we faced with this grinder was during the cleaning when we lift the first burr. It came out quickly without any problem but the second one didn’t move from its place, and that’s because it didn’t’ meant to move. We wish we can get both the burrs out and clean them thoroughly.
If you are looking for a great machine that can deliver your uniform grind along with the easy cleanup process while being pocket-friendly, then without a doubt Oxo brew conical burr grinder will full-fill all these conditions while looking classy on your kitchen. It does have some minor design flaws, but at such a price, it’s hard to complain about anything. We wholeheartedly recommend this product and wish you Happy brewing!!
One more thing we like to mention here is our review is solely based on our usage of the product. We provide you review after using the product on our own to find its hidden features and cons. If you have anything to add up to our article, please feel free to comment we always love your feedback.
Also, before you leave our website, make sure to check out our other grinder reviews such as Baratza Encore grinder review to compare and find out which one suits your requirements the most.